This course is designed for women who have begun their outdoor leadership journey.
It's aimed at those who have undertaken two of the following courses: Summer Mountain Leader Training, Rock Climb Instructor Training, and/or Paddlesports Leader Training.
This opportunity is provided by the Outward Bound Trust.
- Type: 10-week course
- Dates: Starts 20th September 2021
- Locations: Outward Bound Ullswater, Lake District
- Cost: £500 deposit (refunded after course for NGB training/assessment)
- Suitable for: Women aged 19+
About this opportunity
This 10-week course includes facilitated personal development adventures with your dedicated course lead. It will build skills and confidence towards assessments for those who have undertaken two of the following courses: Summer Mountain Leader Training, Rock Climb Instructor Training, and/or Paddlesports Leader Training.
You will have the opportunity to work on your technical, personal development and leadership skills with our most qualified staff in adventure and psychology. Time will also be available to work with groups of young people alongside experienced instructors and structured mentoring.
Your course lead will work to ensure you have maximum opportunity to progress and work towards your goals. The Outward Bound Trust are investing in this because we hope you will be motivated to come and work with us in the future, to inspire our next generation of female adventurers.
Need to know
How it works
You will take part in 10 weeks of outdoor leadership development, focusing on technical, intra and interpersonal skills.
- Week 1: Experiencing Outward Bound
- Week 2: Group experience
- Week 3: Maximising the experience
- Week 4: Mountain skills and leadership
- Week 5: Water skills week/Identifying personal strengths
- Week 6: Individualised learning week
- Week 7: Going solo – exploring the gendered landscape
- Week 8: Group experience and mentoring
- Week 9: Individualised learning week
- Week 10: Applied learning and celebrating success
On the course, you will benefit from:
- Personal adventures and skills development with experienced staff
- Structured mentoring
- Understanding leadership and psychology of personal development
- Focused mountain and water skills weeks, consolidating the skills you need to lead groups of young people
- Working on adventures with groups alongside experienced instructors
- Individualised opportunities to work on your logbooks, gain group experience for the qualifications you’re working towards, upskill, refresh and consolidate in the areas you need to develop
- Opportunity to contribute to and be part of the Outward Bound Trust’s diversity journey
What to bring
Accommodation, some food and kit is provided for the 10-week period. See full course details.