Why book directly with YHA?
Last year, about £2 million of YHA’s income was absorbed by third party booking agents. As a charity, we’d much rather invest this money in improving young people’s health, wellbeing and life skills. We think you would too. Please book direct and help us make a difference to more young people.
Book direct and we both benefit.
Best price guarantee
If you book your hostel stay through yha.org.uk, you’re guaranteed the lowest price – always. If you find a better rate elsewhere online, we will refund the difference.
Members get 10% off
Why settle for just one adventure? Explore more for less. Join as a member and get 10% off accommodation and meals booked online at yha.org.uk.
Young person’s discount
If your booking includes anyone under 26, you’ll get 5% off accommodation and meals booked through yha.org.uk. If you’re a member, this discount is stacked on top of your 10% discount.
You’ll find our complete range of accommodation on our website so book direct for access to all available rooms and dates.
You’ll be supporting a charity
We’re about young people not profit. So, spend your money directly with us and we’ll reinvest it in creating life-changing adventures that transform young people’s perspectives and prospects.
The only way to redeem promotional codes and take advantage of special offers on YHA accommodation is by booking direct with us.
Our fair pricing promise
YHA is a charity operating on social enterprise principles. Income from paying guests is invested into our running costs and the upkeep of hostels across England and Wales. This income, coupled with the support we receive from members, donors and volunteers, enables us to deliver brilliant hostel stays and experiences that improve health, wellbeing and life skills, for all - including those with challenging lives, who would otherwise miss out.
Read more about the difference we make to over a million young people each year.
Our hostels can be found in locations other accommodation providers often cannot. To maintain these unique and historic properties in exceptional locations, we must strike the right balance between fair and affordable prices whilst ensuring we cover our costs. We therefore use dynamic pricing throughout the year, adjusting prices according to demand and supply, in line with our fair pricing promise.
- YHA members and young people who book direct through yha.org.uk will always receive discounted stays at every hostel, every day of the year
- To offer at least 30% of beds and rooms, across the network, at our lowest possible price (book early to get the best deals)
- Customers will always pay the lowest price by booking directly with YHA (that’s our best price guarantee)
- Our prices for paying guests, averaged across the year, will aim to cover all operational and ongoing maintenance costs for the entire network — supporting the long-term sustainability of the charity
- To offer discounted breaks and additional support to those who need help to access our services, working directly with at least 100 groups and charities.
- To work with partners and charities to deliver funded breaks for children and families with challenging lives.
What are you waiting for? Book direct today.
What is the best price guarantee?
If, after booking on yha.org.uk, you find an equivalent offer on another website for the same hotel at a lower price and within 24 hours of making your reservation, we promise to refund you the difference.
Terms and conditions
The competing rate on another website must be for the same hostel, dates, room type, number of guests and currency. The booking must have been made under the same booking, payment terms and conditions as the original YHA booking. Any claim must be received by YHA via email within 24 hours of the original reservation on YHA.org.uk. Please note that telephone calls will not be accepted. YHA England and Wales reserve the right to modify, alter, suspend or terminate this guarantee at any time without prior notice.