Take part in an environmental action-packed weekend for young people in the Lake District National Park.
The focus will be connecting with and caring for nature and yourself.
This opportunity is provided by Lake District National Park.
About this opportunity
This one-night residential is offered on various dates at Lake District National Park.
You will develop the skills to explore and conserve the natural environment, have fun and learn more about yourself.
While locations are TBC, there will be the option to split activities across Brockhole (The Lake District Visitor Centre) and a youth hostel, plus the surrounding local environment.
Need to know
How it works
The flexible programme can be focused on the needs of your group.
Activity options (depending on season) to include:
- exploring the natural world – discover more about wildlife and habitats through art, investigations and surveys
- conservation activities and challenges (practical youth social action tasks) – a chance to make a real difference to the environment
- team building and social skill development – get to know each other and develop communication skills through games and challenges
- time for reflection and connection with nature – a focus on wellbeing
Activites will run from 11:00 - 16:00 on day one and from 10:00 to 13:00 on day two.
While locations are TBC, there will be the option one of these days to take place at Brockhole on Windermere, with the other at a youth hostel and the surrounding local environment.
On this residential, you will benefit from:
- increased connection to, and appreciation of the natural world
- increased understanding of the natural environment and wildlife that it supports
- opportunity for positive action - ‘giving back’ through a conservation activity/challenge
- team working and social skill development
- improved mental health, wellbeing and levels of physical activity
- self-awareness, risk awareness and self management
- having fun and a sense of adventure
- reducing stress
- building confidence and self esteem
What to bring
For the activity sessions, you will need
- warm and waterproof outdoor clothing and suitable footwear
- separate back-pack/day bag
- packed lunch and drinks
- sun cream (as appropriate)
Your overnight bag will be unloaded at the youth hostel that will be responsible for the evening and overnight element of this residential.
Dates and locations
Accommodation and activities will be provided at a YHA youth hostel (TBC). There will also be the option to split activities between the youth hostel and Brockhole on Windermere.
- 25th - 26th September 2021
- 27th - 28th September 2021
- 9th – 10th October 2021
- 11th -12th October 2021
- 15th -16th November 2021