About this opportunity
This one-night residential will introduce participants to the Broads National Park. It also offers the opportunity to get involved with practical conservation work to help manage the Broads.
- learn about the origins of the Broads and the importance of peat
- go geocaching
- carry out wildlife surveys
- get hands-on practical countryside skills in a spectacular fenland environment
There will also be opportunities for exciting coastal investigations. Programmes will be developed collaboratively according to specific requirements of the group and the season, and could include elements of team building, bushcraft, cooking, dark skies and boat trips as well as outdoor discovery activities.
Need to know
How it works
Activities vary by season but may include:
- practical conservation
- peat discovery
- wildlife surveys
- night activities
- boat trips
Participants will benefit from:
- discovery of the special qualities of the Broads
- geographical and scientific understanding
- practical conservation skills
- health and wellbeing benefits of working outdoors in nature
- communication skills
- team work skills
- nature awareness
What to bring
As a guide, participants will need to bring outdoor clothing (weather dependent) including waterproofs and suitable footwear, such as old trainers and/or walking boots. Plus hats, gloves, clothing/equipment for a one-night residential stay and any necessary medication.
All safety and personal protective equipment and specialist equipment will be provided.
To discuss specific requirements, please email [email protected].
Dates and location
Activities will take place at various sites within the Broads National Park.
Sheringham, NR26 8HX
- 13th - 14th September 2021
- 14th - 15th September 2021
- 27th - 28th September 2021
- 28th - 29th September 2021
- 4th - 5th October 2021
- 5th - 6th October 2021