- Type: Day visit or one/two-night residential
- Dates: Flexible (confirmed as part of booking process)
- Locations: Various (confirmed as part of booking process)
- Cost: £12 per student for day visit; £20 for one night / £32 for two nights (subsidised)
- Suitable for: Groups aged 15 - 18 years
About this opportunity
These subsidised day visits and one/two-night residentials for schools in identified areas offer time away from home. Benefits including supporting student wellbeing through time with friends, developing independence, resilience and more.
Teaching will be led by an experienced tutor from the Field Studies Council, with the level and topic of study and location to be agreed with the group. Courses cover curriculum content for GCSE and A Level Geography and A Level Biology, with a choice of topics that can be focused on.
Need to know
While activities will vary by location, learning outside the classroom enables students to:
- develop personal skills
- build friendships
- have fun
- be inspired by a passion for the outdoors and their subject of study
Field Studies Council residential courses cover curriculum content for all the major exam boards.
The day visit will consist of a fieldwork day with one of our expert tutors in your school grounds or local area (within walking distance from school), or at an FSC centre.
Accessibility requirements will depend on the location and can be discussed as part of the booking process.