About this opportunity
This one-night residential is offered on various dates at Lake District National Park. The flexible programme can be focused on the needs of the school.
Activity options (depending on season) to include:
- wildlife and habitat exploration through investigations, games, art and music
- conservation activities and challenges
- team building and social skill development
- time dedicated to feeling the wonder of nature with a focus on wellbeing
Need to know
How it works
On day one, activities will run from 11:00 - 16:00, with an overnight stay in a youth hostel. On day two, activities will run from 10:00 - 13:00.
There is an option for one of these days to take place at Brockhole on Windermere, en-route to or from the youth hostel.
Participants will benefit from:
- increased connection to, and appreciation of, the natural world
- increased understanding of the natural environment and wildlife that it supports
- opportunity for positive action - ‘giving back’ through a conservation activity/challenge
- team working and social skill development
- improved mental health, wellbeing and levels of physical activity
- self-awareness, risk awareness and self management
- having fun and a sense of adventure
What to bring
For the activity sessions, participants will need:
- warm and waterproof outdoor clothing and suitable footwear
- separate back-pack/day bag
- packed lunch and drinks
- sun hats/cream (as appropriate)
Participants will also need an overnight bag, which will stay on the coach / be unloaded at the youth hostel only.
School staff are responsible for the evening and overnight element of this residential.
Dates and locations
YHA hostel in the Lake District
Location to be confirmed
- 15th - 16th September 2021
- 30th September - 1st November 2021
- 6th - 7th October 2021
- 4th - 5th November 2021
- 11th - 12th November 2021
- 9th - 10th November 2021