These courses will develop your skills so that you can lead Girlguiding members on walking expeditions.
There are different qualifications for different types of walking – from understanding the basics of map reading to walking on more advanced terrain.
This opportunity is provided by Girlguiding.
- Type: One - four-night course
- Dates: 25th - 27th March 2022
- Locations: Various - see details
- Cost: Cost for training and assessment courses (bursaries available)
- Suitable for: Individuals aged 18+ years
About this opportunity
Walking with girls is an adventure. Whether it’s rambling across hills or orienteering through fields, it’s a chance to discover the natural world, and spend time out in the open air to think and re-charge.
- Walking Scheme Level 1: Gain confidence planning and leading walks in lowland countryside.
- Walking Scheme Level 2: Get qualified to take girls on walks in open countryside.
- Walking Scheme Level 3: If you are already qualified at Level 2 with further walking experience, this course is a natural next step. However, you do not have to have completed Level 2 to do Level 3 if you have relevant experience.
Need to know
On the course, you will cover:
- navigation and map reading
- safety and group management
- water safety
- health and fitness
- helping young people explore the outdoors
What to bring
All details will be sent to you at the time of booking your place or before the course.
These courses will take place on a variety of terrains.
If you would like to discuss individual accessibility needs, please email [email protected].