Dog friendly holidays
The next time you get away with YHA, take the op-paw-tunity to holiday with your hound. Dogs are welcome to stay with their owners at YHA Camping & Cabins sites, either for free if you pitch your own tent or for just £5 per night if you opt for one of our glamping options – simply pay on arrival.
You’ll find characterful YHA Camping & Cabins sites all over England and Wales. All locations offer plenty of space in picturesque surroundings, plus the convenience of access to regular hostel facilities. At YHA Camping & Cabin locations, dogs are even welcome in our social spaces (excluding kitchens) and cafes. From colourful tipis in the Lake District to Hobbit houses in historic Canterbury, there are so many wonderful places to choose from.
And if that weren’t enough to get tails wagging, you can also take canine companions with you to our YHA Exclusive Hire properties.
Assistance dogs are welcome at YHA. It is advisable to contact the hostel to agree any special arrangements that may be required prior to your arrival.
How much is it?
- Dogs stay for free if you're staying in your own tent.
- A service charge of £5/night is charged for dogs staying in pods, cabins, huts and glamping accommodation.
- A one off fee of £30 is charged for dogs staying as part of an Exclusive Hire booking. Both of these fees are per dog.
Where can dogs stay?
- Dogs are welcome at YHA Camping & Cabin sites (excluding YHA Exford, YHA Idwal and YHA Castleton Losehill Hall) and at Exclusive Hire properties (excluding YHA Malham, YHA Cheddar, YHA Castleton Mews, YHA Littlehampton, HA Elmscott, YHA Exford, YHA Gower, YHA Hawse End, YHA Ingleton, YHA Isle of Wight, YHA Kettlewell, YHA Littlehampton, YHA Llangattock, YHA Okehampton, YHA Osmotherley, YHA Portreath, YHA Rhosilli, YHA Slimbridge, YHA Skiddaw House, YHA Wooler and YHA Idwal).
- We also welcome dogs at YHA cafes.