Join today and save everytime you stay!
YHA Ironbridge Coalport
This hostel provides the following facilities:
Classroom/Educational meeting room
Credit cards accepted
En suite rooms available
Group catering available
Library / Quiet room
Picnic lunch available
Private rooms available
Self-catering dining room
Suitable for families
Under 3s welcome
About YHA Ironbridge Coalport
Our second option for breaks in Shropshire, but still within the Ironbridge Gorge World Heritage Site. YHA Coalport occupies the oldest surviving Coalport china works building, and is ideal for activity breaks, school trips or short weekend breaks. See examples of the china made in the area at the museum next door. There's plenty to do for walking holidays and sightseeing holidays alike. Walk along the Shropshire Canal to the 200-year old Tar Tunnel, visit the famous bridge or the science museum, Enginuity! Enjoy a meal in our licensed café bar after your busy day. Have a look at a Sample Menu before you arrive.
YHA members can enjoy free Wi-Fi in social areas at YHA Ironbridge Coalport!
Why not take a Virtual Tour of YHA Ironbridge Coalport?
What room would you like to see?
Need to know
Our other hostel in the Ironbridge Gorge, YHA Coalbrookdale, is available for group bookings on 'Escape To' and exclusive hire.
07.30 - 23.00
Hostel Closing Times:
Is the hostel open every day of the year?
- This Gorge offers so much to do for a sightseeing holiday or school trip, but if you're just on a weekend break you must take a walk from Coalbrookdale and step back in time at Blist Hill Victorian Town. On longer walking holidays or activity breaks, a walk into Ironbridge for a well earned drink on the banks of the River Severn finishes off a perfect day.
YHA Ironbridge Coalport have several volunteering opportunities available. Email email@example.com for more information on any of the following:
- Volunteer handyman (small maintenance tasks such as painting and changing lightbulbs)
- Local work experience placements
- International work experience placements from September to February
- Winter help with deep cleaning