Join today and save everytime you stay!
This hostel provides the following facilities:
Classroom/Educational meeting room
Credit cards accepted
Good Public Transport Links
Group catering available
Library / Quiet room
Picnic lunch available
Private rooms available
Self-catering dining room
Suitable for families
Under 3s welcome
YHA Ambleside is on the edge of Lake Windermere, host to a variety of watersports and overlooking the nearby Langdale Pikes - great for walking and climbing. Tickets for cruises and Mountain Goat tours are available from reception. The hostel has a modern bar and restaurant serving good food and local ales, just right for weekend breaks. Have a look at a menu here.
YHA Ambleside at a glance:
- £1.4 million renovation
- Refurbished restaurant and licensed bar
- Decked terrace overlooking Lake Windermere
- 11 rooms with en suites
- Ideal for action-packed family holidays
- FREE WiFi for YHA members!
The village has plenty of shops to browse and two cinemas for evening entertainment. We can organise outdoor activity packages for groups, including rock climbing, kayaking, ghyll scrambling and canoeing. If you're on a walking holiday, don't forget to ask at reception for walking routes in the area.
Why not look at our other recently refurbished Youth Hostels?
Why not take a Virtual Tour of YHA Ambleside?
What room would you like to see?
Need to know
There is limited parking on site.
07.30 - 24.00
Is the hostel open every day of the year?
- Right in the heart of the Lake District, Ambleside is ideal for everyone, from first timers looking for weekend breaks to seasoned visitors who love serious outdoor activity holidays and want the best access to all that the Lakes have to offer - from climbing holidays to watersports holidays. Everything you need for great outdoor activity holidays or school trips! Watersports, walking, climbing and steamboat trips, it’s all here!
There are currently no volunteering opportunities at YHA Ambleside. Please visit YHA Volunteering to see what opportunities are available at YHA.