Join today and save everytime you stay!
This hostel provides the following facilities:
Classroom/Educational meeting room
Credit cards accepted
Good Public Transport Links
Group catering available
Library / Quiet room
Picnic lunch available
Private rooms available
Self-catering dining room
Suitable for families
Under 3s welcome
About YHA Ambleside
Situated right on the shores of Lake Windermere, this newly refurbished Youth Hostel offers unbeatable location, stunning views and state of the art facilities for families, solo travellers and groups looking for a base right in the centre of the Lake District National Park.
While within walking distance of the charming village of Ambleside, YHA Ambleside gives you easy access to prime walking, climbing and watersports in the Lake District - the hostel overlooks the nearby Langdale Pikes. Ambleside Pier is situated right next to the Youth Hostel and, with a modern bar and restaurant serving good food and local ales (have a look at the menu here), you'll never run out of things to do during your stay.
YHA Ambleside at a glance:
- £1.4 million renovation
- Refurbished restaurant and licensed bar
- Decked terrace overlooking Lake Windermere
- 11 rooms with en suites
- Ideal for action-packed family holidays
- FREE WiFi for YHA members!
- Right next door to Ambleside Pier, we have our own jetty and slipway
The Ambleside village has plenty of shops to browse, three cinemas for evening entertainment and plenty of great pubs to refresh you after your activity-filled day. We can organise outdoor activity packages for groups, including rock climbing, kayaking, ghyll scrambling and canoeing. If you're on a walking holiday, don't forget to ask at reception for walking routes in the area.
Why not look at our other recently refurbished Youth Hostels?
Why not take a Virtual Tour of YHA Ambleside?
What room would you like to see?
Need to know
There is limited parking on site.
07.30 - 24.00
Is the hostel open every day of the year?
- Right in the heart of the Lake District, Ambleside is ideal for everyone, from first timers looking for weekend breaks to seasoned visitors who love serious outdoor activity holidays and want the best access to all that the Lakes have to offer - from climbing holidays to watersports holidays. Everything you need for great outdoor activity holidays or school trips! Watersports, walking, climbing and steamboat trips, it’s all here!
Fancy spending some time in the stunning Lake District making a difference? YHA offers volunteering opportunities for individuals or groups throughout the year including student placements, week & weekend working parties or as much time as you’re willing to give. Tasks are varied and can be tailored to your interests or you can learn lots of new skills. If you’re interested in helping out please use either the hostel details above or contact our volunteering team at email@example.com.
YHA School Trips
There are a range of educational and action/adventure packages available at YHA Ambleside. The hostel has 249 beds, Internet access, classroom facilities, a library and group catering is available.
Visit the YHA School Trips website to reserve the hostel for your field trip.