Join today and save everytime you stay!
This hostel provides the following facilities:
Classroom/Educational meeting room
En suite rooms available
Group catering available
Library / Quiet room
Picnic lunch available
Private rooms available
Self-catering dining room
Suitable for families
Under 3s welcome
About Ilam Hall
If it's an unforgettable family holiday that you're looking for, this National Trust property is the one for you. Stay in this huge Victorian Gothic manor house, sitting in 84 acres of country parkland on the River Manifold, and enjoy a jam-packed activity holiday or relax and unwind, away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
YHA Ilam Hall at a glance:
- Peak District accommodation
- Magnificent National Trust building
- Wedding and conference venue
- Up to date and luxurious decor in lounge areas
- Licensed bar and restaurant
YHA Ilam Hall offers a wide range of activities, making it ideal for cheap family breaks, activity breaks or school trips. Popular with everyone, it’s a great base for walking holidays, exploring the stepping stones at Dovedale or cycling along the Tissington, Manifold or High Peak trails. This magnificent accommodation is also near the world famous theme park, Alton Towers, perfect for a family day out and countless thrills and spills. There's a licensed bar and restaurant which serve delicious meals and refreshing drinks for you to enjoy after your day out exploring.
YHA members can enjoy free Wi-Fi in social areas at YHA Ilam!
Need to know
Parking is free for National Trust members, all other guests can purchase a discounted parking ticket from reception.
You can use the Moorlands Connect to travel to this hostel. It will meet your bus in Ashbourne or Leek and take you straight to the hostel door. For more information call 0300 111 8003 or click the logo.
07.00 - 23.00
Hostel Closing Times:
Is the hostel open every day of the year?
- YHA Ilam's lovely grounds stretch to 84 acres of country park on the banks of the River Manifold - great for activity breaks or school trips. Don't miss the short walk from the hostel to the famous Stepping Stones in Dovedale, with interesting caves to explore if you're on a cheap family break; or outdoor games, woodland wanders and riverside walks make a pleasant way to spend an afternoon. Walking holidays in the Peak District wouldn't be complete without a stroll through this beautiful landscape. And, with Alton Towers being so close to your accommodation, there's fun for thrill-seekers and families on the doorstep.
We can host a volunteer on a live-in basis any time over the winter. This could be a student volunteer, work experience or just any general volunteer team member - email for more information.