Discover, explore and help conserve the natural environment with Lake District National Park.
This flexible programme of fun outdoor activities focuses on connecting with and caring for nature and ourselves.
This opportunity is provided by Lake District National Park.
About this opportunity
This day visit is offered on various dates at Lake District National Park. The flexible programme can be focused on the needs of the school.
Activity options (depending on season) to include:
- wildlife and habitat exploration (pond, woodland, meadows) through investigations, games and art
- conservation activities and challenges
- team building and social skill development
- time dedicated to feeling the wonder of nature with a focus on wellbeing
- free time in our stunning grounds and outdoor adventure play park
Need to know
Participants will benefit from:
- increased connection to, and appreciation of the natural world
- increased understanding of the natural environment and wildlife that it supports
- opportunity for positive action - ‘giving back’ through a conservation activity/challenge
- team working and social skill development
- improved mental health, wellbeing and levels of physical activity
- self-awareness, risk awareness and self management
- having fun and a sense of adventure
What to bring
For the activity sessions, participants will need:
- warm and waterproof outdoor clothing and suitable footwear
- separate back-pack/day bag
- packed lunch and drinks
- sun hats/cream (as appropriate)
You must also have a full staff to pupil ratio (Brockhole staff are additional to this).
Dates and locations
Brokhole on Windermere
Lake District, LA23 1LJ
- 25th May 2021
- 17th June 2021
- 18th June 2021
- 23rd June 2021
- 6th July 2021
- 8th July 2021
- 21st September 2021
- 22nd September 2021
- 13th October 2021
- 15th October 2021