Our Covid-19 Flexibility Guarantee provides the reassurance you need to book your next stay with YHA.
To give you complete peace of mind and keep things as simple as possible, we’re applying the guarantee to all future bookings – regardless of when you booked or the terms and conditions that were in place at the time.
Unable to travel
If you are unable to proceed with your booking due to:
- UK or Welsh government restrictions related to Covid-19 which prevent you from travelling to one of our hostels in England or Wales, for example a lockdown or other form of travel ban
- You, or someone in your party, has Covid-19*
- You, or someone in your party, has been told to self-isolate as dictated by government guidance through NHS Test and Trace*
- YHA have to cancel your accommodation
* YHA may ask you to provide evidence of positive result or notification to self-isolate from NHS Test and Trace
Under these circumstances you will be able to choose from one of the following options:
1. Transfer your booking to a later date
Subject to availability we will move your booking to a later date, with no admin fees or penalties
2. Transfer your booking to an alternative hostel
Subject to availability we will move your booking to an alternative hostel, with no admin fees or penalties
3. Request a full refund
We will refund you the full amount you have paid for your booking.
Read more about the steps we're taking to keep our guests safe in our confidence and peace of mind plan.
Covid-19 Guarantee Terms and Conditions
- The Covid-19 Flexibility Guarantee ‘change window' allows any transfer or cancellation within the period of 28 days of arrival.
- Please be aware that if the cost of your new booking is higher than your original booking, then you’ll need to pay the difference.
- The Covid-19 Flexibility Guarantee applies to bookings made directly with YHA (England & Wales) and excludes any bookings made through third-party sites or where a service is being delivered by a third-party provider.
- The Covid-19 Flexibility Guarantee does not replace or disapply our Standard Booking Terms & Conditions. Those Standard Booking Terms & Conditions remain unchanged. Also, nothing in the Covid-19 Flexibility Guarantee affects your statutory rights as a consumer.
- The Covid-19 Flexibility Guarantee will be reviewed regularly and is subject to change or removal without prior notice.
- The Covid-19 Flexibility Guarantee does not cover disinclination to travel.